What is Cheerleading?
Cheerleading is one of the the fastest growing sport in the world and was recently announced as a provisional sport in the upcoming Olympics! It distinguishes itself from traditional stereotypes because of the skill and athleticism required to be successful. Teams focus on gymnastics, acrobatics, athletic dance and stunts – a true hybrid sport – cheerleading develops an athletes’ strength, flexibility, coordination, and stamina.
But it’s about so much more than the skills. The reason we have such raving fans is the life skills that athlete acquire while participating in our programs. Here’s what one mom had to say:
“This is our daughter’s second year at Premier Academy and she absolutely loves it! Since joining the All-Star Cheer program she has gained confidence, learned how to set and achieve her goals both at AND outside of the gym, increased focus, the ability to communicate better and to really know what teamwork is all about. With the help of her coaches, she has turned her “I can’t” mentality into “I can and I will!” The best part? All of these valuable lessons have been learned while having fun! I can’t say enough about our experience at PA!”
Heather – Mom of PA athlete
There’s a team for Everyone!
No experience? No problem! With competitive and recreational teams for cheerleaders ages 3-18 years old, beginners to advanced, Premier Academy has a team for you! Here’s the programs that we offer:
Novice Cheer Program
The Novice Program is great option for athletes who want the experience of all-star cheerleading without the expense and time commitment.
- Ages 3 – 8 years old
- Practice once a week for 1 – 1.5 hours
- 2 ‘sessions’ offered; September – December and/or January to April
- Perform at 1 event at the conclusion of each session
- no uniform requirement – t-shirt and bow included
All Star Prep Program
All Star Prep is a great stepping stone to the sport of all star cheer and is perfect for any age or level.
- Teams for ages 5 – 18 years old
- Practice one – two days a week for a 1.5 to 2 hours
- Session from September to April
- Compete at 4 local events
- NO TRYOUTS, simply register for the team.
All Star Program
The All Star Program is our competitive program.
- Ages 5 – 18 years old
- Practice once a week June, July and August with camp choreography in August and practices twice a week beginning in September
- Compete at 6 – 7 competitions with some teams traveling out of province and/or country
- Uniform required
Are you ready to join a team?
Would you like for your child to have more confidence and become a leader on mat and in the community? If so, we would love to meet you and welcome you into the Premier Family. Our teams are formed at the end of May every year, however, there are often a handful of spots available throughout the season. If you would like more information on joining a team, please complete the form below!
Pick up the phone, call our office @ (403) 352-7744 TODAY to schedule your team evaluation and join our FAMILY of CHAMPIONS!